Some of the conditions Physiotherapy can be effective in treating include:
- Acute and chronic spinal pain (Back and Neck)
- Acute and chronic peripheral joint dysfunction (Arms and Legs)
- Specialising in Sports injury’s
- Soft tissue injuries i.e. muscle, ligament and tendon
- Arthritis – specific treatments can relieve pain
- Repetitive strain injury – Tennis & golfers elbow, tendonitis, bursitis
- Post operative care and rehabilitation (i.e. joint replacements and fractures)
- Personal injury assessment and treatment.
If you are not sure if Physiotherapy can help you, feel free to contact us and ask !
Some of the most common Physiotherapy treatments are:
- Mobilisations - Applied movements to reduce stiffness and relieve pain in all joints in the body.
- Manipulation – Osteopathic Techniques to restore normal movement to joints within the spine.
- Soft tissue / sports massage - to prevent or break down scar tissue, relieve muscle spasm and accelerate the healing
- Rehabilitative exercise - Personal programs devised to re-educate weakened muscles and restore full function and strength to prevent
re-occurrence of the problem.
- Core stability and Muscle Imbalance – similar to Pilates techniques to improve abdominal and spinal stability.
- Acupuncture – all parts of the body, for Pain Relief only
- Electrotherapy - A variety of techniques including ultrasound and T.E.N.S. to promote the healing process and relieve